Planning to invest in new windows in time for the summer? When it comes to choosing the right window for your home, there are a lot of things you have to consider. Two of the most important are the materials to be used (e.g., wood, vinyl, composite, etc.) and the window style that would fit well with the aesthetic of your home (e.g., casement, double-hung, picture, and the like).
One other factor you have to think about is the size of the window. Determining the size of your window does not have any strict formula to be followed. It really depends on how you would want your home to look like from the outside as well as from the inside. In addition, there are also building codes that need to be followed. But in general, you would have to play it by ear (or by eye, as it seems more appropriate in this situation).
However, if you still need help when it comes to choosing the right size for your windows, here are a few guidelines from All States Home Improvement, the experts on windows in Wichita, KS and the neighboring communities:
- Make sure that the sills are low enough so that you can see when you’re seated.
- If the glass is too close to the floor, your window will require safety or tempered glass.
- If your rooms have high ceilings, make the windows tall enough (but not too much) to make them look proportionate inside.
- Just make sure to leave enough space above the window for window curtain rods and other window treatments you might need.
- Choose the length and width of your window according to their proportion to other elements of your house, from the interior to the exterior.
If you need help with choosing the right window for your home, All States Home Improvement, the top company that offers home improvement in Wichita, KS and the surrounding areas, is here to assist you all the way—from choosing the right materials to picking the best style suitable for your home to determining the right window size. Call now to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our windows and design experts.