Gutters are important components that direct water away from your home. These are made of long channels that go around the roofline. When these collect water from the roof, the slight pitch directs the rainwater to the downspouts.
A properly working gutter keeps water at bay effectively, but clogged systems can cause several problems to your home. Gutters in Wichita, KS full of leaves, twigs, and other debris can cause:
- Cracked foundations – When you have clogged gutters, the water will pour over the edge and pool around the foundation. This can make the soil underneath soaked, which can cause uneven floors and cracks in walls. The pressure on the side of your home can lead to cracks in the foundation and possible collapse.
- Rotted wood – Clogged gutters are major sources of moisture, which can lead to deterioration of wooden components.
- Slippery sidewalks and damaged driveways – When water overflows from your gutters, it can pool around sidewalks and driveways. The longer it stays on your driveway, the likelier cracks will form.
- Washed out landscaping – Water from the roof can cause soil erosion that destroys gardens and nearby shrubs.
- Sagging gutters – The added weight of leaves causes your gutters to pull away from the fascia.
An effective way to maintain healthy gutters is to install protection systems such as Gutter Cap from All States Home Improvement. We install our protection system over your existing gutters, which will filter debris from rainwater effectively. Using water tension, the water clings to the surface and enters a small slit. Leaves and other debris fall to the ground because of the flush nose design.
With our Gutter Cap, you can eliminate cleaning at any time of the year. Still, a protection system will not be effective without quality gutters. If you have a damaged gutter system, we offer seamless gutter installation in Wichita, Kansas. This type of gutters does not have joints, which means leaks are less likely to happen.
Aside from gutter services, All States Home Improvement also offers doors, roofing, siding, and windows. We can also build customized wood and composite decks fit for your style and needs.
To learn more about gutters, schedule a free consultation today. You can reach us through our contact form.