With tax season around the corner, it’s common to daydream of the many ways you might use your tax return this year. Some may use it for a family vacation, while others plan to put it away for a rainy day. If you’re like many other Americans, you’re looking to invest your tax refund in your home. At All States Home Improvement, we’ve narrowed down some of the top returns on your investment for maximizing your tax refund.
- Replace Your Siding
If your home’s exterior is looking a little rundown, new siding might be a great place to invest your tax return. With a high return on investment and a significant visual impact, a siding makeover will dramatically increase your home’s value. We install beautiful vinyl and fiber cement siding on homes with the precision only a factory-trained expert can achieve. Not sure which siding material is best for you? Below are a few of the top benefits of each to weigh against your unique preferences and priorities.
Benefits of Vinyl Siding Include:
- Most popular option in America today
- Affordable and low maintenance
- Does not require painting
- Simple cleanup with a garden hose
Benefits of Fiber Cement Siding Include:
- Resists cracks and warping
- Equipped to resist damage from rain, wind, snow, and ice
- Built to last around 50 years
- Impervious to insects and rot
Read: Vinyl vs. Fiber Cement Siding: Which is Best for You?
- Update Your Master Bath
There’s no better time than now to transform your bathroom into an oasis! Not only will it be a wonderful place to retreat each evening, but it’s also a great room to see a return on your investment. Depending on the size of your bathroom remodel, you can expect to see a return of 50 percent to 100 percent or more for your investment in bathroom updates.
One of the most impactful upgrades for a master bath is converting a standard bath and shower combo to a custom walk-in shower. It is more visually appealing, and custom touches will make it unique and enjoyable. We also offer a wide range of features to improve bathroom accessibility. From walk-in tubs to grab bars and shower benches, we can convert your bathroom for all levels of mobility.
Not sure if your tax refund will be enough to cover your bathroom remodel? The price of your project will vary greatly depending on what your objective is. Investing in a walk-in tub carries a different price tag than converting your shower and tub combo to a modern walk-in shower. The best way to answer this question is to contact us for a consultation. Our team will go over your options and offer solutions to fit your needs.
- Replace Your Windows
Though we are beginning to leave the frosty winter months behind us, the memory of cold drafts in your home may still be vivid in your memory. If that’s the case, this might be the year you need to invest in new windows. Improved energy efficiency, lower monthly utility bills, and better climate control in your home are just a few reasons to apply your tax refund to your windows this spring.
Not sure if you need new windows? Here’s a quick guide to help you determine whether you’re due for a replacement.
- Your energy bills have steadily increased. Dig out your past electricity and gas bills, and compare them year over year. Do you notice an incremental increase each summer or winter? That’s a telltale sign your home is losing heating and cooling, likely through your windows.
- You notice a draft when you walk by your windows. You might have felt warm air rushing through your window this summer on a windy Kansas day, or perhaps you recall cold gusts last winter on a snowy January night. Either way, drafty windows are a clear sign you’re due for an upgrade.
- There is condensation buildup between your window panes. This is a sign that the seal within your window has broken down, and it’s time to give us a call to schedule a consultation.
- There are signs of damaged or rotten window panes. Take a look around the windows on your home’s exterior. If the area is soft or decaying, don’t wait to replace your windows, as this damage could lead to additional problems down the line.
For more detailed information about how to tell when you need new windows, check out these Six Reasons You Should Replace Your Windows.
- Replace Your Front Door
Are you expecting a smaller tax return this year? A quality new front door is the most affordable home improvement project with the highest return on investment. In fact, Remodeling Magazine rated a new front door with a nearly 95% return on the investment. That percentage increases depending on the type of door you select. So, if you’re looking for a simple way to give your home a quick, affordable makeover, your front door is the first place to look! Whether you’re in the market for an ornate wood door or a modern, colorful option, we provide a wide selection of entry doors to upgrade your home’s safety and appearance.
Choose All States Home Improvement for Your Home Improvement Projects
With nearly 30 years of experience and a 4.8-star rating on Google, homeowners can trust the experts at All States Home Improvement for stress-free home improvements. We are fully insured and licensed, and we will be a reliable partner for your next home renovation. To learn more about our energy-efficient windows, quality siding options, and roofing replacements, call us at (316) 444-1220, fill out our convenient estimate form, or stop by our local showroom to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
You Might Also Like:
Does Your Home Need a Facelift?
New Siding Installation: What to Expect
Bath Installation: What to Expect