Leaky roofs can be caused by many issues, from poor installation to damaged shingles. It’s important to find the root cause of your leak before you can start to repair it.
In this blog you’ll learn how to not end up like this:
Some leaks go completely unnoticed and cause significant damage without you even knowing about it. Once a year you’ll want to have a professional come and scope out the condition of your roof especially after a big storm.
If you’re wanting to learn how to prevent a leak to save you from future headaches, make notes of these following items:
Common roof leak issues:
- Poor Installation: If your roof wasn’t installed correctly, it may be prone to leaks. This could be caused by improper flashing, or a lack of sealant around the edges. It’s important to hire a professional roofer to make sure that your roof is installed correctly.
- Age: Over time, the elements can take a toll on your roof. If your roof is old, there’s a chance that it may be weaker in certain areas or that shingles may have cracked or become loose. This can cause water to seep into your home. If your roof has not been replaced in over 20 years, it’s time for a new one.
If you’re dealing with these two factors, you need to look into a full roof replacement. Not sure how much that costs? Get a free estimate here.
- Damaged Shingles: Strong storms, high winds, and hail can all cause damage to your shingles, leading to leaks. Living in Kansas we experience these conditions on the regular and it’s important to inspect your roof for any signs of damage. If you have storm damage learn more about what to do next.
- Clogged Gutters: If your gutters aren’t cleaned regularly, they can become clogged with leaves, sticks, and other debris. This can cause water to back up and leak into your roof, leading to leaks.
- Poor Ventilation: Poor ventilation can also lead to roof leaks. If your roof isn’t properly ventilated, it can lead to a buildup of moisture, which can cause the roof to rot and eventually lead to leaks.
Once you know why your roof is leaking, you can take the necessary steps get it fixed and ensure that your home is safe and secure.
Where to find roofers in Kansas
All States Home Improvement is a top-rated and locally trusted roofing company in Wichita, Kansas. All States gets the job done right, the first time. To learn more about our windows, siding, and roofing, call us at (316) 444-1220. Fill out our convenient estimate form, or stop by our local showroom to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
You might also like: