Everyone knows the basic way to clean a window. Grab a paper towel, and Windex, and you’re good to go. Wrong!
If you want that deep clean, streak-free window, we’re here to give you tips and tricks on how to get it done the right way.
Follow these tips to deep-clean your window correctly:
- Start from the top of your window and work your way down so if dust and dirt fall, you will clean it up later during your process.
- Begin with a hot damp towel to remove that first layer of dirt. Then, you’ll start over again with cleaning products. If you haven’t cleaned your windows in a while, there will likely be a dark dirt film. You want to clean that up first before starting any other cleaning methods.
- When cleaning the glass, use any window cleaning product with a squeegee. The squeegee is a game changer to having clean windows. You’ll have your window streak free, drastically reducing the cleaning time. Make sure to wipe off the access at the bottom of the window, so nothing drips down. Watch a tutorial here.
- If you can, remove the screen from your window to get to those hard-to-clean spots.
- Your window tracks and seals get gross and are the perfect holding place for dust, bugs, and gunk. Take an all-purpose cleaner and a skinny brush to scrub and clean the windowsill – wipe excess with a towel or sponge. Watch this quick video on how to do it. If you see excessive dirt, your window was probably not installed correctly. All States Home Improvement has the most detailed installers for Wichita window replacement.
- Fill a squeezable condiments bottle with water to wash away dirt easily.
- A hand steamer is a good option and investment to easily and quickly clean all the little cracks and crevasses around your window.
- When was the last time you washed your blinds? Take them off your window, cover them in dawn power wash, and soak them in a bathtub for 15 minutes. Rinse and repeat until squeaky clean!
- This tip may be obvious but don’t forget to clean the outside of your window if you can reach it! If your window is unreachable, try to get a power washer to clean the outside of the window.
If you have to deep clean more than every few months, you need to have a window replacement company come look at the overall condition of your window. All States Home Improvement has free, no-obligation consultations and specializes in window replacements. All States also provides services for siding, roofing and baths, call (316) 444-1220 to learn more.
You May Also Like:
Instantly Upgrade the Look of Your Home In 2023 With New Window Replacement
Why You’ll Love James Hardie Siding
What Not To Do When Buying New Windows