We all need to take care of the environment. One of the best ways we can do that is by changing the way we live. Choosing green building materials for your home can reduce your dependence on natural resources, save money on energy bills, and make your home a better place.
Before you start on making your home green, make sure to answer these questions:
- Are the Products Durable? – Going for durable products like those from James Hardie® is important. Long-lasting products like James Hardie siding in Wichita help conserve landfill space and reduce natural resource consumption. The brand specially designed their siding for our Kansas weather, and their products look great for years.
- Are These a Well-Designed Product? – Environmentally friendly products don’t have to look boring. Aesthetic appeal is important, which is why James Hardie siding features a curated color palette by color consultant Leslie Harrington. The color combinations we provide can enhance any home.
- What are the Product Materials? – Ideally, your products should feature natural, non-toxic, and recycled materials. James Hardie manufactures their siding from natural materials like sand, water, cellulose pulp, and Portland cement. In addition, their manufacturing process recycles input materials to conserve resources.
- Are the Materials Local? – Using locally made products helps conserve oil and carbon emissions, because the materials travel fewer miles to get to you. James Hardie minimizes emissions by extracting and processing raw materials near each manufacturing facility. These also set up these manufacturing facilities to better serve local markets.
- Can You Save More Money in the Long-Term? – The leading siding contractors in Wichita, KS, highly recommend eco-friendly and high-quality products like James Hardie siding. This is because fiber-cement siding has a long service life, bringing down the total cost of ownership, and can save you money on your energy bills through insulation.
All States Home Improvement has over 20 years of experience making our clients’ dream homes come true. Our installation crews are all factory-trained, and we’re the expert in decks, siding, roofing, and window and door replacement. In addition, we only use the finest materials on the market, which is why we’ve partnered with James Hardie. Their fiber-cement siding is beautiful, durable, and environmentally friendly. Contact us if you’d like to learn more about James Hardie siding or to request a free estimate.