Are your windows starting to look old and faded? Are they letting the elements into your home? Are they not providing enough insulation? Then maybe it’s time to get new windows.
When it comes to replacing your windows in Wichita KS, there are several things that you have to consider. As a professional window replacement contractor, we at All States Home Improvement have a few recommendations that can help you get the windows that are going to make a big difference in your home this year:
- Make sure that you get windows that match your home’s architectural design. There are various window styles to consider, such as double hung, awning, and casement, just to name a few. Make sure that they match the design of your home inside and out to enhance visual appeal.
- Consider the energy efficiency of the windows you’re planning to install. Windows are supposed to provide sufficient levels of insulation and help keep the elements out of your home. Having windows that properly insulate your home ensures that you can stay comfortable while saving on energy costs.
- Ensure that the replacements are going to fit in the current window openings. New windows should fit your home perfectly to guarantee that there will be no openings where air can infiltrate or escape your home.
- Take the framing material into consideration. The material used for the framing of your window can help ensure that your windows stay in good shape. It also helps with insulation and weather resistance. Materials like vinyl can also provide a good level of durability and ease of maintenance.
- Consider the glazing on the glass. When sunlight passes through the glass and enters your home, it carries heat with it. The glazing of the glass should be able to prevent excess heat from entering (or escaping during winter). Low-E glass options are available.
- Make sure your windows are operable. Functionality is a must for your new windows. Ensure the windows you’re planning to install can easily be opened or closed.
- Find the right company for the job. By hiring professionals like us at All States Home Improvement to work on your windows, we can help you with all of these recommendations and prepare your home for a window replacement project. We can provide you with top-quality windows that will make a difference in your home this year. Furthermore, our teams will be helping you in every step of the process, from material selection to actual installation.
We hope these recommendations help you get the windows that will make a difference in your home. For replacement windows in Wichita and door installations, or if you need to update your siding, or if you are planning to add a new deck, feel free to give All States Home Improvement a call today at (316)-444-1220 or simply complete our convenient quote request form to get your free, no obligation estimate.