Choosing the right course of action is the key to enjoying the benefits of any home improvement project. This is especially true for roofing jobs, wherein you have to decide between repairs and full replacement.
Let All States Home Improvement, the premier roofing company in Wichita, KS, explains what to look for so you can make an informed decision:
When to Repair
If you notice any of these issues, then it is most likely that your roof will survive with just a few expert repairs.
- Leaks – We can fix most leaks and restore the full function of your roof as long as we are able to get to it on time. Any delay can cause the damage to spread and lead to costlier and more extensive repairs, or even replacement.
- Missing or Loose Shingles – As the top experts in roofing repair in Wichita, KS, we can check your roof’s flashing details, pipe towers, and chimneys for missing shingles, as well as soft spots. Early detection is key, so be sure to schedule regular roof inspections, especially after every major storm.
When to Replace
Start prepping for a roof replacement if you notice the following signs:
- Roof Decay – This will weaken the underlying framework, making it unable to bear the weight of the roof. It is most likely due to widespread moisture damage along the wooden beams of the structure.
- Extensive Algae Growth – You can curb the spread of these microorganisms through regular roof inspections and proper maintenance. Left unchecked, however, the spores can contribute to roof decay, which in turn leads to replacement.
- Age – If your roof is past its prime, no amount of repairs will be able to restore it back to full functionality. As one of the leading roofing contractors in Wichita, we work with only top roofing brands, such as GAF®, CertainTeed®, and Owens Corning®, to provide with an array of replacement options.
All States Home Improvement is also your go-to company for your siding, windows, doors, and decks needs. We offer only high-quality products and our installation techniques are second to none. To learn more, call us at (316) 444-1220 for a free consultation and estimate. You can also fill out our convenient request form and we will contact you shortly.