Your roof is one of the most impactful factors when it comes to your home’s curb appeal. It shields you from rain and snow, and a quality roof will lower your energy bills with better energy efficiency within your home. Here we have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions we receive from our customers when they’re shopping for a new roof.
How often should I replace my roof?
Assuming your roof is installed by a highly skilled contractor with quality materials, you can typically expect a new roof to last approximately 30 or more years. However, inclement weather can dramatically reduce a roof’s lifespan.
How do I know if I need a new roof?
Aside from calling us for a consultation, here’s what you can do to check for yourself to determine whether your roof needs to be replaced.
- Look in the attic for leaks or water damage.
- Check your shingles for damage, missing granules, or bare patches.
- Inspect your roof valleys for cracks, holes, or water damage.
- Check for loose or cracked flashing.
- Survey the gutters for granules from your shingles.
- Assess the curb appeal for mold, moss, or black streaks.
- Check your paperwork to determine when your roof was last replaced. Most roofs should last approximately 20 years.
- Identify roof leaks by looking for wet spots in your attic or ceiling.
Read: Do You Need a New Roof?
Do I need to replace my roof after a hail storm?
Not all hail is destructive. However, don’t assume your roof didn’t sustain substantial damage during even a mild storm. When in doubt, it’s best to give us a call for a free inspection to determine whether your roof needs repairs or replacement.
How should I prepare for a new roof installation?
A few simple steps will make your roof installation quick and painless.
- Give your landscaping a once-over. Cut your grass and trim any trees hanging closely over your roof.
- Move all non-permanent items from your home’s perimeter to allow installers easier access to your roof.
- Remove any valuable items from your interior walls to prevent them from falling during installation.
How long will roof installation take?
Most roof installations take just a few days. However, depending on the size and difficulty of your project, it could last up to 3-4 days. Contributing factors in installation length include inclement weather, unexpected issues like mold or water damage, or abnormally intricate roof designs. If your roof installation takes longer than a day, our team will organize the debris and tools throughout the day and tarp off any exposed roof areas.
How much will a new roof cost?
As with many home improvement projects, the price will vary greatly depending on the size of the job and the type of materials used. The best way to answer this question is to contact us for a consultation. Our team will evaluate your homes’ needs, go over roofing options and offer solutions to fit your budget. We also offer financing options with payments starting at $98/month.
Should I replace my roof before I sell my house?
If your roof is in disrepair or is nearly 20 years old, you will have a much easier time selling your home at an agreeable price and in a timely manner if you replace your roof before listing. Most buyers aren’t willing to take on a home in need of major repairs, so it’s worth your time and money to make sure it is in top shape before you put it on the market. A new roof is a wonderful home improvement project to take on, with more than 60% return on investment.
Choose All States Home Improvement for Your New Roof Installation
Should the roof of your home come into disrepair, we are the leading local experts in assessing storm damage and outdated, worn roofs. Kansas homeowners who contact All States Home Improvement have peace of mind knowing that our Factory Trained Roofing Inspectors will do a thorough and complete job, alleviating the stress associated with the roof replacement process. Contact us today for a free roofing consultation.
You Might Also Like: