In spring, you had every intention of replacing or repairing your siding this summer. But when life got busy with kids’ sports, family vacation, and time by the pool, your best-laid plans fell by the wayside. As summer comes to a close and the Kansas winter draws nearer, there is no better time than now to set those plans in motion. The pleasant weather in autumn makes September and October a great time to replace your home’s siding.
Siding Repairs vs. Replacement
To an untrained eye, it can be difficult to tell when your siding needs a few repairs or you’re due for a complete replacement. We’ve rounded up a few signs for each below, but when in doubt, contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to have your siding examined by a trained professional.
Signs Your Siding Needs Repairs
- Minor chips, cracks, or dents on a single panel. These flaws can often be repaired by simply replacing the panel.
- Loose panels due to improper installation or a Kansas storm. As long as the panels haven’t led to water damage, individual loose siding panels can be replaced or repaired.
Signs Your Siding Needs to be Replaced
- Rot, even if it’s minimal. Don’t wait to replace your siding at the first sign of decay! The damage will only get worse if it goes untreated.
- Warped panels, leaving your home exposed to the elements. Warping could be the result of shoddy installation, or it may naturally appear over time. Either way, warped panels can lead to water damage, so they should be addressed immediately.
- Discoloration due to sun-fading. If your siding requires regular painting, now is a great time to upgrade to vinyl siding! Because the color is baked into each panel, you will never have to paint vinyl siding, requiring minimal maintenance.
- Cracks or chips on multiple panels. While we can easily repair minor damage on a single panel, it comes time to replace your siding when it appears across your entire home’s facade.
Increase Your ROI with Vinyl or Fiber Cement Siding
We know there’s never a good time to shell out for home improvements. However, consider new siding an investment in your home’s future earning potential. Typically, you will recoup most, if not all, of the cost of new vinyl or fiber cement siding when it comes time to sell your home.
Benefits of Vinyl Siding
- Most popular option in America today
- Affordable and low maintenance
- Does not require painting
- Simple cleanup with a garden hose.
The most important factor when considering vinyl siding is ensuring proper installation. Inexperienced contractors will diminish your vinyl siding’s longevity if they attach it too tightly, resulting in cracks and bulges. Our siding experts have trained for years to guarantee quality installation. We also offer composite siding with contour foam for an insulated vinyl siding option.
Benefits of Fiber Cement Siding
- Resists cracks and warping
- Equipped to resist damage from rain, wind, snow, and ice
- Built to last around 50 years
- Impervious to insects and rot
All States Home Improvement installs the highest quality fiber cement siding available: James Hardie siding. James Hardie engineers products for different climates across the country. This innovative technology is called The HardieZone System, and it means your home will be equipped with siding that withstands freezing temperatures and extreme seasonal temperature variations, which we know sums Kansas weather up to a tee! Additionally, James Hardie comes with a 30 year NON prorated warranty!
Choose All States Home Improvement for Your Siding Installation
For nearly 30 years, we’ve been working with Kansas homeowners to choose a siding color and style that best suits their home. Each of our siding installation specialists has undergone countless hours of factory and on-the-job training to ensure that we get the job done right- the first time. Call (316) 444-1220 today or stop by our local showroom to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
You Might Also Like: